We’ve had so many members active over the last few weeks it’s been hard to keep up. Here’s a few highlights & shout outs…..
- Another hugely successful ATC Duathlon Day. With great numbers participating in both the Adult and the (All inclusive) kids duathlons. Massive credit goes to the clubs event organizing committee, along with members who volunteered & marshaled. Special mention to Karen and Padraig Kavanagh who run our Junior Development section and are a vital component to the success of both events but in particular their tireless work with our Junior triathletes. Club Member Conor Tiernan taking home 1st prize in the adults events.
- ATC were out in force for this years Darkness into Light 5k walk/run, joining a huge turnout from Athy local community.
- Well done to Siobhan & Dave Harmon and Joe O’Regan who participated in the Black Stairs Adventure Race & Rob who took part in the Roberstown 5k.
- Brian Dooley, Bernie Dillon & Eamonn McEntee represent Athy Triathlon Club at the recent Kildare Chamber Business Expo in Naas. The guys raising awareness & corporate sponsorship for the clubs Charity Fundraising event this year. Check out our event page for more details http://www.athytriathlonclub.com/im-barcelona-2018/
- We also had a massive contingent participating at Carlow 795 Sprint Triathlon. Well done all but especially those taking on their 1st event.
- We had PB’s and debut races a plenty from the crew attending Wexford Half & 10k including Vincent, Genell, Eamonn, Baco, John, Arnold, Donna & Michael.
- Searlaith Twang Memorial Run – A bunch of ATC running buddies participating in the 10k, 10 mile & half marathon distances
- Caitlin & Rob doing great at the National Aquatic Championships
- Last but by no means least, we had athletes representing club, counties & country at the Ironman 70.3 Barcelona Club Finals – All members putting on outstanding performances. Well done June Murphy, Stephen Murphy, Keith Pollard, Daithi Kidd and Anthony Lawlor.
More photos from a very active month can be found on our Facebook page.